Sunday 30 August 2009

Phonographic

First proper post, awesome!

I thought I'd kick things off with something I'm pretty fond of.

This is a video I made for the final unit of year two of my Graphic Design degree course.
It is an experimental film piece based on my visual responses to a starting trigger, which for me was a telephone directory.

The film itself is made using a particular technique called Direct or Cameraless Film.
The process involves working directly onto the films surface to create moving images.
I wanted to experiment further with what was possible so I worked with photocopied transparencies to create layers of images and numerical combinations which once projected would create moving images.

I was pleased with the outcome and I think I will begin working more with this area of film making in future.

Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment