Monday 16 May 2011

CHANGING TIMES

I haven't posted on here in over a year, there are a number of reasons for this.
A lot has happened in my life over the past year, some good some bad. I have experienced some very low points but have always come back up to some very special moments. I have learnt from each and every experience and intend to remember all of these things while building the foundations for the rest of my life.

Going to prison has had a very big impact on my life, I see a lot of things differently and I often feel a different person because of this. I try not to let it hold me back from aspects of my life but it does seem there are those out there who still don't understand the system or the people in it.
Another strange effect it had on me is one of time. I feel like a time traveler who is stuck in a time he doesn't belong. A year has passed since I was convicted but I'm only just starting to feel like I belong in the current time. Getting closer and closer to graduating from Uni is slowly bringing me back to where I was a year ago. This feeling of being stuck has been probably the worst aspect of the experience. It has stopped me from being able to connect with things that I used to find second nature. Applying myself to things I used to be passionate about seems harder and harder and organising myself is a constant struggle.

But the closer I get to my last days at Uni, the more real I start to feel. I'm starting to regain the motivation I used to have, the drive and passion that I worked with before. I'm also starting to think about my future and have begun putting things in place for what is to come.

I'm excited by these changing times, a new start is on the horizon and it's just what I've been waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment