Thursday 4 March 2010

BOOKS

During the second year of my graphic design degree I was introduced to the world of bookmaking and bookworks. It took me a little while to get my head round some of the techniques and what is possible, but once I cracked it there was no stopping me. I'm hooked on books.

I love putting together little notebooks or making random books out of waste images of the cast-offs from the uni photocopier. It's saved me buying sketchbooks if nothing else.

This is one of the books I made in my second year. It's an experimental book of images. Each image was made in under 60 minutes and there are 50 images in total. Its digitally printed but I cut and bound it.

I will post some more of my books soon.








1 comment:

  1. I love the whole concept of making books. You get such satisfaction from one. I did a bookbinding workshop in my second year. I made an A6 sized book from scratch. It's a bit messy but I'm still proud of it!

    I really like your books. You've also got a nice blog set up here!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete